On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 04:32:04AM +0200, Thomas Krichel wrote:
alain williams writes
Am I really supposed to understand that post-moderation ? That might be of-use/understandable to someone who understands a bit about mailman3 internals but is obscure to me -- who is just trying to administer mailman.
I think they expect you to be able to run this sort of command line. You can't really do advanced things in Mailman3 without a minimum of python. Mailman2 was much easier. Mailman3 is pretty much a nightmare to run, unless you are a
I assume that it was something to run as python, so I tried it and it failed. I cannot see why it failed:
No, you need to run "mailman shell" and then enter the commands.
Ah, that works, at the 2nd attempt. The first failed as create_list('some-exiting-list@leavesden.org.uk') failed as, not surprisingly the list already existed.
I tried again with a non-existing list - which got created. Fortunately easy to remove with: mailman-wrapper remove non-existing@... I suspect that this create_list() function call is not needed.
The important line is: dump_json('http://localhost:9001/3.0/lists/ant@example.com/held') but substituting one of my lists and changing 9001 to 8001.
dump_json('http://localhost:8001/3.0/lists/my-list@leavesden.org.uk/held/count')
says: count:8
This works without comment: def url(request_id): return ('http://localhost:8001/3.0/lists/' 'my-list@leavesden.org.uk/{0}'.format(request_id))
But: dump_json(url(751)) Says: HTTP Error 404: None
I tried all the request_id:
from mailman.testing.documentation import call_http json = call_http('http://localhost:8001/3.0/lists/my-list@leavesden.org.uk/held')
i=0 while i < len(json['entries']): dump_json(url(json['entries'][i]["request_id"]), { 'action': 'discard', }) i+=1
I am told 8 times:
HTTP Error 404: None
And the count is still 8.
Where is the API for this written down, ie defined, so that I can look at it ?
You told me to Follow: https://docs.mailman3.org/projects/mailman/en/latest/src/mailman/rest/docs/p... which is a few examples, not a definition
Regards
-- Alain Williams Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT Lecturer. +44 (0) 787 668 0256 https://www.phcomp.co.uk/ Parliament Hill Computers. Registration Information: https://www.phcomp.co.uk/Contact.html #include <std_disclaimer.h>