On Sun, Oct 4, 2026 at 11:46 AM Peter Chubb via Mailman-users < mailman-users@mailman3.org> wrote:
I need to implement some sort of captcha for Mailman accounts. As all my lists are for Norwegians, I think it's enough to have a simple question in Norwegian that has to be answered. I'm not a Python programmer, and I asked Gemini. He suggested that I should add a settings_local.py file in /etc/mailman3, which settings.py from the same folder should import, as it have, at the end:
Check out https://github.com/pbiering/mailman3-rpm.git It has patches you can apply and adapt to upstream MailMan3 where they need to be for a Captcha.
Peter C
Peter C,
You have a horrible MuA. It doesn't know how to quote the original email.
-- Best regards, Odhiambo WASHINGTON, Nairobi,KE +254 7 3200 0004/+254 7 2274 3223 In an Internet failure case, the #1 suspect is a constant: DNS. "Oh, the cruft.", egrep -v '^$|^.*#' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :-) [How to ask smart questions: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]